Make an initial enquiry to see how we can help you

Please let us know your name.
Invalid Input
Please enter a valid phone number
Please let us know your email address.
Please let us know your message.

Package Holiday Accidents

If you have been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, contact our lawyers today to find out if you can make a claim.


No Win No Fee Available

Wherever possible, we aim to deal with claims on a "no-win, no-fee basis" which means that you are only liable for legal fees where we are successful in making your claim.

Package Holiday Accident Solicitors Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth and Dundee  

If you’ve had an accident during a package holiday, you have a right to pursue your UK tour operator for compensation for your injuries. This means you don’t have to try to sue a foreign company in a foreign country and can use a solicitor in Scotland.  

Our experienced personal injury claims team can help. We fully understand how much of an impact an accident on holiday might have had on you and your loved ones both physically and financially, so we always strive to get the maximum compensation owed to you. We have vast and varied experience in pursuing claims against UK tour operators and can help you get the compensation you deserve.  

To discuss your case with our team, call us today on 0800 988 8082 or complete our online enquiry form and one of our lawyers will get back to you right away.  

The right to claim against a UK tour operator comes under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations (1992). These regulations state that a package is a pre-arranged combination offered for sale in the UK at an inclusive price, and should include at least two of the following: 

  • transport 
  • accommodation 
  • other tourist services which make up a significant part of the package

This will cover a traditional package holiday sold in a brochure but may not cover the modern ways people book their deals online. Our team can guide you through the regulations and help show that you are covered by them.  

We can also explain whether you are affected by changes to the regulations that came in to force in 2018; these changes mean that more holidaymakers are protected. 

To support a claim, you should keep copies of any documentation relating to your holidays, such as the brochure, booking confirmation, and terms and conditions. 

What kind of accidents can I claim for? 

You can potentially claim compensation for injuries caused by any aspect of your holiday.  Accidents which take place in your hotel are the most common – tripping on uneven stairs or slipping by the pool, for example. You may be able to claim for illness if you have suffered food poisoning due to poor hygiene at your holiday resort.  

You may also be able to make a claim for injuries sustained while on an excursion if the trip was bought from your tour operator as part of your package. 

Again, our team can guide you through the details here, giving practical advice on whether a claim is likely to succeed. 

How much compensation can I claim for an accident on holiday? 

It will depend on the individual circumstances, but the claim may cover: 

  • pain and suffering 
  • loss of enjoyment of your holiday 
  • loss of earnings 
  • out-of-pocket expenses, such as medical costs or travel expenses if these are not covered by your travel insurer

What should I do if I have an accident on holiday? 

In the immediate aftermath of an accident, it is important to gather any evidence that may strengthen your claim. Clear photos of the scene of your accident and, in particular, any defect that caused it, such as uneven stairs or a spillage are useful. Witness evidence may be helpful, so try to obtain the names and contact details of anyone who saw what happened. 

Your accident should be reported to your travel rep as soon as possible, and you should inspect a copy of the accident report they prepare and make sure you agree with the content. You should also seek medical attention as soon as possible and keep all documentation given to you by the hospital.  

On your return to the UK, contact a firm of solicitors experienced in dealing with personal injury claims arising out of accidents abroad. At Calio Claims, we have a specialist team dedicated to handling foreign claims.  

How long do I have to make a claim? 

If your case is covered by the Package Travel Regulations, you will have a period of three years from the date of your accident to serve court proceedings.  

However, if your accident was on a cruise ship or flight, you will only have two years. 

If your accident was abroad but isn’t covered by the Package Travel Regulations, local time limits will apply. These vary widely and can be much shorter than in Scotland, so it is essential you seek legal advice quickly.  

Our specialist personal injury solicitors will know the different deadlines involved for different holidays and locations and will help you make a timely claim. 

Contact our package holiday accident claims lawyers Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth and Dundee  

If you have been injured whilst on a package holiday, contact our team today. We have offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth and Dundee , with our Dundee team covering Aberdeen and the North of Scotland.  

We will discuss the circumstances surrounding your claim with you and will explain clearly and concisely how best to proceed. We will also be upfront about how likely your claim is to succeed, any costs involved, and also whether we can offer to work on a no-win, no-fee basis.  

To speak to a solicitor who can help you claim the compensation you deserve, call us now on 0800 988 8082 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of our team will get back to you right away.


Please let us know your name.
Invalid Input
Please enter a valid phone number
Please let us know your email address.
Please let us know your message.

  • Ranked in Chambers 2023
  • The Legal 500 - Leading Firm 2023