Fishing Industry Accident Claim Lawyers in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee & Perth
Have you been injured in the fishing industry in the course of your employment?
The fishing industry is associated with a higher rate of accidents and injuries compared to many other occupations. Accidents in the fishing industry can occur as a result of adverse weather conditions, mechanical failures, human error, and the physical demands of the job. Here are some common accidents that can happen in the fishing industry:
Common Personal Injuries in the Fishing Industry
Working in the fishing industry involves inherent risks. Common personal injuries in the fishing industry include:
- Falling overboard
- Slip, trips and falls
- Injuries caused by defective or poorly maintained equipment or fishing gear
- Accidents involving lifting heavy loads or machinery
- Exposure to hazardous chemical substances
- Collisions or capsizing at sea
- Weather-Related Incidents
- Exhaustion and fatigue
What should my employer provide to keep me safe at work?
To reduce the risk of accidents in the fishing industry, various measures can be taken:
- Safety training and education
- Improved vessel maintenance and safety equipment
- Weather monitoring and planning:
- Fatigue management
- Data collection and analysis
- Improved communication
In summary, your employer should have provided you with safety protocols, training programmes and personal protective equipment before each trip to mitigate risks and protect you whilst on the job.
What should I do if I have been injured whilst working in the fishing industry in Scotland?
If you have suffered an injury in the course of your employment as a fishing industry worker, you should:
- Report the accident as soon as possible to your employer.
- Record the accident in the accident book.
- Seek medical attention at your GP or hospital.
- Obtain all witnesses details
- Take photographs of the location or equipment and, if possible, your injuries .
- Make a note of the incident.
- Contact us.
What losses can I claim?
You can recover compensation for the following losses :
- Your past and future pain and suffering caused by the accident.
- The past and future loss of earnings following the accident.
- Medical expenses.
- Any necessary services or assistance provided by friends, family or partners.
- Any costs you have incurred as a direct result of the accident.
If you have suffered a personal injury whilst working in the fishing industry, you may be entitled to bring a claim. At Calio Claims, we specialise in claims involving the fishing industry and can help you when you are injured at work. We will support you throughout the process, offer comprehensive legal representation, and strive to obtain the compensation you deserve.