Make an initial enquiry to see how we can help you

Please let us know your name.
Invalid Input
Please enter a valid phone number
Please let us know your email address.
Please let us know your message.

Emergency Responder Accidents

Expert advice from a leading law firm.





Emergency Service Worker Accident Claim Lawyers in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee & Perth

Are you an emergency services worker and have been injured in an accident at work in Scotland?

Accidents involving emergency service workers can occur due to the nature of their work, which often involves responding to emergencies in high-stress situations. These accidents can happen while emergency service workers are travelling to the scene, at the scene itself, or during their daily routine.

Emergency service workers include:

  • Police
  • Emergency medical services
  • Fire and Rescue service
  • Coast Guard
  • Mountain Rescue
  • The Forces

Your employer has a legal obligation to provide a safe working environment, to provide appropriate and safe working equipment undertake suitable risk assessments, provide mental and emotional support and take all step l reasonably practicable to ensure your welfare is protected at work. 

Emergency service workers are more likely to be injured at work than other employees.

We specialise in cases of this nature. If you have been injured at work, please contact us for no obligation advice on how we can help you.

Common Emergency Services Worker Injuries

Our dedicated team will provide you with comprehensive support, listen to your story, answer your questions and guide you towards the solution you deserve. The most common type of emergency services accidents are:

What should my employer provide to keep me safe at work?

Your employer should provide safety protocols, training programmes and provide personal protective equipment to mitigate risks and protect workers whilst on the job. 

What should I do if I have been injured whilst working as an emergency service worker in Scotland?

If you have suffered an injury in the course of your employment as an emergency services worker, you should:

  1. Report the accident as soon as possible to your employer.
  2. Record the accident in the accident book.
  3. Seek medical attention at your GP or hospital.
  4. Obtain all witnesses details
  5. Take photographs of the location or equipment and, if possible, your injuries .
  6. Make a note of the incident.
  7. Contact us.

What losses can I claim?

You can recover compensation for the following losses :

  • Your past and future pain and suffering caused by the accident.
  • The past and future loss of earnings following the accident.
  • Medical expenses.
  • Any necessary services or assistance provided by friends, family or partners.
  • Any costs you have incurred as a direct result of the accident.

If you have been injured in an accident as an emergency service worker, please get in touch. Our skilled team are here to fight for you and obtain the compensation you deserve. 

Is there a time limit for making a claim if I am injured as an emergency services worker in Scotland?

Yes, there is a 3-year time limit from the date of the accident or from the date you are made aware of the accident. That can be extended in certain circumstances. We recommend contacting us as soon as possible to ensure matters can be dealt with swiftly. 

For a free initial consultation to discuss your case with a member of our team, call us today on 0800 988 8082 or complete our online enquiry form and we will get back to you right away.


Please let us know your name.
Invalid Input
Please enter a valid phone number
Please let us know your email address.
Please let us know your message.